Reception Intake and Junior Transfer Appeals Timetable
2014-15 School Year
· The range of appeal hearing dates for North Somerset Infant, Junior and Primary Schools for on-time applicants is between 18 June and 13 August 2014
· The final date for the receipt of appeals is 16 May 2014
· Those who appeal will be notified of the confirmed time, date and venue of the hearing at least 10 school days before the actual hearing date
· The North Somerset Clerk/Solicitor to the Council will send to all parties copies of all required papers at least 7 days before the confirmed date of the hearing
· Evidence from the school and any additional evidence from appellants should be provided to the Clerk/Solicitor to the Council at least 8 days before the confirmed hearing date. The Appeal Panel will decide if it will consider any evidence provided less than 8 days in advance.
· The Clerk/Solicitor to the Council will send decision letters informing parents of the outcome of their appeal within 5 school days of the last hearing date for the school wherever possible
· Appeals received after the final date for the receipt of appeals can not be guaranteed to be heard on the same date(s) as on-time appeals but will be heard in accordance with the Department of Education’s published School Admission Appeals Code.
· All of the dates are intended (not confirmed) dates and are subject to change.
NB please note that the above does not apply to Burrington, Kingshill, St John the Evangelist and Wraxall Church of England Primary Schools. Please contact these schools directly for their timetables.