Virtual tours of Art Galleries and Museums
Have a look at some of these famous galleries and museums, you can view virtual tours :
- What can you see?
- What is your favourite place out of the tours?
- Draw a picture of a piece of art you see.
Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual trip.
Click here for a more general view of the building.
Van Gogh Museum
At the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, Netherlands, you can get up close and personal with the impressionist painter's most famous work.
Tate Art Galleries
View and find out about over 70,000 works of art from the various Tate Art Galleries around the UK.
There is also a Tate website dedicated to children where they can explore, make or take part in games and quizzes.
National Gallery, London
Get a dose of art and culture thanks to the virtual tour on offer from the National Gallery in London. Tour the rooms and wings and zoom in on the artwork to see some of the highlights.
Art and craft ideas
Below are some fun,simple art activities for you to try at home. You will not need lots of equipment just lots of creative spirit and enthusiasm. Remember to share your creations by sending them to your class email address.
1. A back and forth drawing game.
You will need: Paper and pen or pencil.
One person starts the drawing with something simple and quick. For example, I might draw circle or a line, a pair of eyes, or the outline of a house.
Then we just take turns adding elements back and forth.
Other times you can add dialogue and thought bubbles for an added element of fun and interaction.
2.Raised salt painting
You will need:
- Squeeze glue designs or pictures onto your card.
- Sprinkle with salt until the glue is thoroughly covered. Tip to let excess salt fall away.
- Dip your paint brush into liquid watercolor paint then gently touch to the salt-covered glue lines. Watch the paint “magically” travel in both directions!
- Let dry thoroughly. This may take a day or two.
Some useful Art websites..