For younger children, history is about what relates to them and about developing their understanding of past, present and future.
Some activities to try.
- Talk about what they did yesterday and what they will do tomorrow. Help them to use the vocabulary of now, then, yesterday, today, tomorrow, past, present and future.
- Look at photographs of themselves at different ages and talk about how they have changed.
- Draw pictures of themselves at these different ages.
- Look at photographs of family celebrations and talk about what they were celebrating and why. Put the photographs in the order in which they happened.
- Talk about celebrations that occur every year such as Christmas and birthdays. What do they remember? What is always the same? What changes? Draw a picture of a favourite celebration.
KS1 and KS2
Lots of ideas for learning liked to History.
One learning pack available at the moment with a video and activities to do.
Lots of learning for all.
History programmes on the radio – programmes for all ages.