We are sure that by now you will have seen the government's announcement regarding schools reopening, possibly as soon as 1st June 2020.
The announcement presented us with many questions. Currently we are working with a range of experts and seeking further advice from the DFE to ensure that reopening is done safely. Education is important but, as a trust/school, pupil and staff wellbeing has always been at the top of our agenda and this present challenge will not compromise our priorities. In short, we do the right thing.
What we know so far:
- We know you will have seen in the news that schools may reopen from 1 June to Reception, year 1 and year 6 pupils if the government thinks it’s safe then to do so.
- Schools in England currently remain closed for most pupils except for the children of critical workers and vulnerable children.
- All our schools have remained open to those identified children. We plan to continue this provision for all year groups.
In preparation for wider opening we will be consulting with parents and carers. To enable this, we will issue a survey to capture your views and provide us with specific information required prior to opening
We don't know yet:
- When the government will confirm the date for the phased reopening of schools.
- How schools will operate in terms of the school day and classroom allocation to maintain safety recommendations.
- The exact health and safety measures that will be put in place.
- How many children will make up a group as this is dependent on the needs of specific year groups, available space and staff.
- How this affects key worker children.
We are waiting for further clarification and guidance from the Department for Education. Once received, detailed information will be communicated to you.
Our Estates Lead is consulting with site teams, other schools and external experts to ensure all necessary steps are taken to provide a safe site for all.
If you have any questions or concerns you would like to share please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank you for your continued support in helping your child learn from home. We will need to keep going with this for a while, so please continue to do what you can and stay in touch with us.