We know that many of our pupils use social networking accounts, mobile apps and online games even though nearly all of these have age restrictions. We need to educate ourselves in order to keep our children safe when using devices online.
The school will be launching a Safer Schools App which will help support you in keeping your children safe online. In school Online Safety underpins all our Computing lessons. We teach Online Safety as a subject in its own right and also teachers will be having Online Safety reminders during every Computing lesson.
We have also launched an Online Safety Committee this year and we will be looking at different projects this year to get this up and running. This is run by the Online Safety lead Mr Leeson.
Below are a few links which may help give some good advice.
- ‘Think u know’
- ‘Know it all’ on ‘Childnet’ gives information to parents in different languages, ‘Share Aware’ by the NSPCC has lots of parent information,
- ConnectSafely has downloadable guides for parents on how to use instagram, facebook and snapchat safely.
- parentsprotect has guides on how to keep children safe
- Internet matters has downloadable sheets for parents as a quick handy guide for supporting children at each age stage starting at 5 years old.
- This website can help parents support their children against radicalisation and extremism.
- These booklets are helpful for parents: Share Aware booklet
- Online safety booklet