RSE day on the 25th June
This year the theme for RSE Day is ‘Books I love about love’. Many of the ideas in this list support this theme. RSE Day is a day to celebrate excellent RSE, that promotes the well being of, and safeguards, children and young people.Here are some ideas about how families can join in. Feel free to do your own thing and let us know how it goes via social media using the hashtag #RSEday
- Read a book with your child about love and healthy relationships. Investigate what digital books are available to borrow virtually from your local library.
- Create a tree of family members and ‘people who care for me’ with your child, naming the relationships and how people in the tree are connected and what they do for each other.
- Talk together about people who are special to you outside of your home. What can you do to let them know you are missing them, or to share a smile. Could you write a letter and include a joke or a drawing or a recipe?
- Look at old pictures of family members and discuss how people have changed over the years. Share memories, including about challenges in their lives and how they coped.
- Create a family or household coat of arms showing what is important to you as a family. You can find some free templates on the internet.