Welcome to Oldmixon Primary School!
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our happy, friendly school, where there is always a lot going on. I am very proud to be a part of this strong community who is committed to achieving the best for your children.
At Oldmixon we provide the best possible learning for each child in our care. We provide a stimulating and caring environment that is conducive to the needs and capabilities of all our children underpinned by our ethos and values.
Our curriculum is engaging and inspiring, we encourage a 'Growth Mindset'in all our learners and our high expectations enable all learners to make progress.
Mrs Heidi L Hudd
Our Ethos and values encourage:
· CONTRIBUTION from all members of the school community will be valued and recognised.
· CHALLENGE - we aim to promote challenge through high expectations of learning and behaviour.
· CREATIVITY is a strong focus ensuring that school is fun! The school will be a bright attractive, stimulating place to learn.
COMMUNITY- we value parents and governors as our partners in education and will involve them, and the wider community, in the life of the school.
· CARING– children will be happy and secure and their achievements will be celebrated and valued by all.
· CONSISTENCY- the school will grow and change but we will remain true to our vision.
· COMMUNICATION– we realise the importance of efficient, effective communication. Everyone must feel that they have opportunities for consultation and be kept informed.