Mini Police is part of the National Volunteer Police Cadets (NVPC) programme and is aimed at children aged 8 to 11 years old.
Mini Police is an innovative police engagement programme, which is delivered in schools with the support of local Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs). The scheme provides a fun and interactive way to introduce children to a positive experience of policing and to get them involved in the local community.
Benefits of the Scheme
- A way to build confidence and learn new skills.
- An opportunity to develop their sense of social justice and moral responsibility, safety and policing through a fun and engaging programme of activities.
- An opportunity to positively engage with their local community policing team.
- The Mini Police programme links in with the statutory Key Stage 2 requirements of Personal, Social, Health, Economic (PSHE) education.
- An opportunity for schools and pupils to build positive relationships with the police and share this learning.