We know that many of our pupils use social networking accounts, mobile apps and online games even though nearly all of these have age restrictions. We need to educate ourselves in order to keep our children safe when using devices online.
The school will be launching a Safer Schools App which will help support you in keeping your children safe online. In school Online Safety underpins all our Computing lessons. We teach Online Safety as a subject in its own right and also teachers will be having Online Safety reminders during every Computing lesson.
We have also launched an Online Safety Committee this year and we will be looking at different projects this year to get this up and running.
Below are a few links which may help give some good advice.
- ‘Think u know’
- ‘Know it all’ on ‘Childnet’ gives information to parents in different languages, ‘Share Aware’ by the NSPCC has lots of parent information,
- ConnectSafely has downloadable guides for parents on how to use instagram, facebook and snapchat safely.
- parentsprotect has guides on how to keep children safe
- Internet matters has downloadable sheets for parents as a quick handy guide for supporting children at each age stage starting at 5 years old.
- This website can help parents support their children against radicalisation and extremism.
- These booklets are helpful for parents: Share Aware booklet
Online Safety lead: Miss A Pring
Avon and Somerset Police led workshops in Years 3,4,5 and 6 on keeping safe online! This is part of Operation Topaz - workshops are specifically designed for each year group to give our children a real awareness of the dangers online especially around Child Sexual Exploitation.
Thank you for returning your Pupil Agreements. Special congratulations to all our year group winners in designing an Internet Safety Poster. Well done!
We recognises the benefits and opportunities that new technologies offer to teaching and learning. We encourage the use of technology in order to enhance skills and promote achievement. However, the accessible and global nature of the internet and variety of technologies available mean that we are also aware of potential risks and challenges associated with such use.