Our school meals are cooked fresh on the premises. A school meal is priced at £2.50 per day for those not in receipt of Free School Meal. Payment should be made in advance either via ParentPay, or in cash to the school office.
All pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are able to have a ‘Universal Free School Meal’ at lunchtime. This offer does not depend on your household income or whether you receive any benefits – every child in these classes is eligible to take up the offer.
Children need to bring in a water bottle every day filled with water. We know that some children don't like water and so we would ask that children bring a small carton of fruit juice everyday as part of their healthy snack and as one of their 5 a day. This is part of our commitment to being a 'healthy school' and supporting the health and wellbeing of our children.
Children may also bring a packed lunch but not hot/fizzy drinks or glass containers.
We ask that parents do not include nut products in packed lunches as we have children in school with nut allergies.
Free School Meals
Do you know if your child is entitled to free school meals?
There are two schemes for free school meals:
- universal infant free school meals for all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 – you don’t need to apply as they’re automatically given at the school
- free school meals for people on qualifying benefits – you’ll need to apply for these
- To find out if you are eligible for free school meals you can check online here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
Criteria for free school meals for people on qualifying benefits
Children attending our schools whose parents or carers receive any of these benefits are entitled to free school meals:
- income support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with annual take home pay/met earnings below £7,400 (which equals £616.67 per month) benefits not included
Children will receive free milk, a third pint carton up to their fifth birthday.
Children over the age of 5 can continue to receive milk in one of two ways:
If they are entitled to free school meals (not universal free school meals) milk can be provide free of charge throughout their time at school. Please contact the school office if your child is entitled to free school meals and would like to receive milk.
If children are not free school meal eligible, an opportunity to continue receiving milk beyond their fifth birthday is available at a cost. Please arrange this with the school office.
FREE MILK Pupils entitled to Free School Meals (FSM) are also entitled to Free School Milk. Please contact the school office if you would like this ordered for your child.
New menu, effective from Monday 18th September 2023